Saturday 26 May 2012

Bobby Sitting


Well what a busy weekend it has been! A road trip yesterday to Ikea to collect some bits and pieces for the shop; then dog sitting for my sister’s gorgeous Jack Russell puppy, Bobby last night!

We watched ‘The New Adventures of Tin Tin’ last night which we thoroughly enjoyed. The animation is outstanding. We had to pacify Bobby with a beefy bone to stop him barking every time Snowy barked in the movie. My husband has been trying to train the little terror, and patiently telling him to ‘sit’ and ‘stay’ repeatedly. We have decided that once he masters the basic commands we’ll teach him to solve mysteries, wash cars, and make 2 cups of tea in the mornings.

We love having Bobby here; it’s so much fun to have a puppy in the house. Unfortunately Jasmine the cat does not feel the same. They keep a very safe distance from each other at all times! He had his ‘bitches love me’ t-shirt on – and I could almost hear Jasmine thinking “not this bitch”!
A walk to Abington Park with Bobby this morning was lovely. The park was so sunny and quiet which is unusual. The mismatched collar and lead my sister, Carla, had him wearing did not really fit with my boutique image! Carla quipped that she doesn’t know where to buy a new one, and she is waiting to see my stock (and the discount I will give her)! Cheeky monkey. My mind is one million miles an hour at the moment with the opening date getting closer every minute so it was nice to take some time-out to relax!

Today I have been focusing on advertising and promotions and thinking about ways to get the shop noticed by as many people as possible. I have been offering to feature in magazines myself to show how friendly the vibe will be, which then brings on mild panic about hair, make-up, nails and diets etc!

I’ve had such a fantastic response on Facebook this week and have even tentatively opened a LinkedIn profile, although I’m not sure how to use it yet!

It’s an exciting week ahead with meetings to discuss the shop fitting, the website launching and a holiday to Chicago with my family for Easter!

So, thank you for taking the time to read this and have a great bank holiday weekend everyone.

Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment