Friday 12 April 2013

Barkitty FM


I was very pleased to speak on Helen Blaby’s show on BBC Radio Northampton this afternoon. Helen is a customer of mine, and devoted owner to Rosie the cat!

The feature was on ‘pampered pets’ and how pets are seen as members of the family – so Northampton’s only pet boutique owner had lots of knowledge on this subject!



A recent survey undertaken by Adaptil of 2,000 dog owners reported that 90% of people said that having a puppy is like raising a child. As I said to Helen on the show, I think this is a clear reflection of the modern attitude to dog ownership, they are firmly part of the family, rather than an ‘add-on’. Just like my husband and I, lots of my customers are professional couples who haven’t got children, and the pets are their babies. I really don’t think this is anything to be embarrassed about! Alfie and Jasmine are my babies, and a very equal part of the family. If anything, having a puppy is a real test for couples, and good practice for the kind of shared responsibility parenthood brings.

My interview with Helen will be available for the next few days on BBC iplayer. The whole show is worth a listen, and my part begins at about 1.22.


www.barkitty.co.uk
www.facebook.com/barkittypetboutique
www.twitter.com/barkitty12

No comments:

Post a Comment