Monday 14 January 2013

Let it Snow!


I asked for snowy pics on my Facebook & Twitter pages and I got such a great response! Thanks so much to everyone who sent me their pics, I loved looking at them! At one point, my statistics showed that over 1,000 people on Facebook were talking about Barkitty which is phenomenal!

Here’s a selection of some of the wonderful pics I received!

















I had an email from Vets4Pets which gave some sound advice for keeping your pets safe in the snow. I thought these points were worth sharing…


Despite their fur, pets can feel the cold just the same as humans do, and freezing temperatures can create problems if you’re not prepared for winter. Here are some ‘Winter watch outs’ and handy tips on how to make sure your pet is happy and healthy during the chilly winter months.

Try not to walk your dog on ice
Dogs can slip and injure themselves just like us. Even more important is to make sure they don’t run onto frozen lakes or canals as they could fall into icy water if the ice is too thin.

Don’t let them eat snow
Your pet might see snow as a novelty but dangerous objects or chemicals may be hidden in the snow. Also, eating snow can cause stomach upset and even hypothermia.

Antifreeze
Beware of antifreeze. Surprisingly, antifreeze smells and tastes good to your pet but it is poisonous so make sure it is stored well out of reach.

Provide somewhere warm
Make sure that there is somewhere warm and cosy for your pet to sleep. Cats will curl up next to anything hot to keep warm, which can include under the bonnet of a car, so make sure you keep an eye on them. Provide outdoor pets, such as guinea pigs and rabbits with extra bedding, and consider moving them into a shed or unused garage for extra shelter whilst it is cold.

Freezing water bowl
If your pet’s water bowl is normally kept outside, check it regularly that ice hasn’t formed and that they have access to water.


I always love to receive pics of your pets, whatever the season! Email me hello@barkitty.co.uk and I’ll happily share them on my Facebook, Twitter & Pinterest pages…

www.barkitty.co.uk
www.facebook.com/barkittypetboutique
Tweet @barkitty12

No comments:

Post a Comment