Thursday 19 September 2013

A Harvest Hike

I took Bobby & Alfie on a lovely long walk yesterday, through the fields and tracks between Horton and Ravenstone in Northamptonshire. It was really relaxing actually, and the 3 of us thoroughly enjoyed it.

It’s funny because, at home, or in the shop, or any enclosed space, Alf & Bob constantly play fight like, well, dog and dog. As soon as they are in the great outdoors, they barely acknowledge each other and prefer to engross themselves in their own missions. Bobby just likes to find things for you to throw for him, and searches continuously for the next object. Alfie is intent on sniffing, then spraying any slightly upright object he sees. This normally means Bobby is way out in front, Alfie is hanging well back (sniffing something), and I am in the middle!

We got to see a few combine harvesters doing their thing, which was a very picturesque Autumnal sight.

The boys, of course, did manage to find the smelliest, dirtiest, blackest pond in the world, and gleefully swim in it before I could catch them up! All part of the fun I suppose, just hope they didn’t drink any!

I think Autumn is my favourite time of year to walk the dogs, and I’m not looking forward to the dark nights ahead. Oh well, at least I’ll get to wear my nice wellies again J


In the pictures Bobby is wearing his Puppia harness in the new colour, navy! You can buy yours here --> http://www.barkitty.co.uk/category_dog_harnesses_2.shtml

Instagram: @Barkitty12

No comments:

Post a Comment