Monday 3 June 2013

Meet the Barkitty Family!

When you visit Barkitty, it is mostly me, Lisa, you will see – but I’d like to introduce you to the rest of my family so you can always expect a familiar face!


This is me, at my happiest, spending time with Alfie and Jasmine at home.


This is my Dad, Paul. He was the one who had always had pets in his life, and could never have been without dogs in the family. He trained up black Lab, Tif, as a working gundog and together they won field try championships. He also trained Tif’s daughter, Sky, to a high standard. He is a lover of the outdoors and wildlife, and always wanted a Jack Russell, so was the most pleased when Bobby came in to our lives!


This is my Mum, Yvonne. Mum chose our lovely black & white cat, Jess, in 1987 and loved him dearly for the 18 years of his life, and beyond. She wasn’t always a dog lover, but was soon won over by our family Border Collie, Kessey in 1994. Since then there has always been a dog in their house. Paddy the black Lab is their furbaby now, and he’s around 8 years old.

My husband Jason can sometimes be found in the shop at weekends, mostly if there’s no football on, or shooting is cancelled! Jason grew up with Cavalier King Charles Spaniels, Crystal, Fudge and Fletcher, but has been converted to a Labrador geek since he met me! He loves our cat, Jasmine, but is truly in his element walking Alfie in wellies in the middle of the English countryside.



My sister Carla and her boyfriend Ryan have Bobby, and a little boy due to be born any day now! We’re sure the baby will know Bobby’s bark from the womb! Carla and Ryan often hang around the shop (mostly because they like the jacket potatoes they serve in nearby Darlington’s restaurant) so you may well see them if you visit!

Whoever you meet in the shop, you are guaranteed a warm welcome and a shared love of pets!
www.barkitty.co.uk
www.facebook.com/barkittypetboutique
www.twitter.com/barkitty12

No comments:

Post a Comment