Friday 15 June 2012

Barkitty official opening party!

Well they say the best things come to those who wait, so 5 weeks into trading the Mayor of Northampton officially ‘cut the ribbon’. It was a great day laden with plenty of bubbly and jubilee cakes from the Shires Deli; along with doggy ‘pupcakes’ by Scruffy Mutz in Northampton which, according to Jason, tasted OK!



I think we had over 50 people here for the cutting of the ribbon, and I was so thrilled to see the shop full of smiling faces (maybe that was the bubbles).

Thank you again for all of the support I receive, I really couldn’t do any of this without you.  My Facebook page is constantly increasing in popularity and I have 1000 ‘likes’ already. If you haven’t already joined, then please do because it’s a great community and has lots of fun facts and photo’s of pets.

In June I have been featured in local magazines like Limelite, Neon, R Mag, Image and Northants Life; as well as huge national magazine Dogs Today. I’m nearly as famous as a Big Brother contestant in these parts!  Image magazine are featuring my products in a photoshoot which looks to be great fun.

I have some exciting projects underway, including my own brand, so watch this space for the announcements coming soon!

I have a great family and friends, but also a fantastic group of customers who are so enthusiastic about the shop. It was a big leap for me to leave my job and set up a business, but so far it has been a very positive experience.

Don't forget to visit my website www.barkitty.co.uk and sign up for a newsletter :)
Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment